Monday, September 17, 2012

Some Things Change...but Some Don't



So I knew some things would surely have to change a bit once I started working.  

And they have.



These days, I have more of this that piles up in various places




I have more projects like this that just aren't going to get done anytime soon.


My plants are crying...or dying...or, let's just face it...gone.





But friends, there is one thing that isn't going away.


That's right, you are looking at a pot of homemade chicken and dumplings I whipped up in between school and evening band practice.  Real whole chicken, boiled and deboned.  Real chicken stock, not that canned nonsense (ok, I admit, I have some of that in the pantry for emergencies but it's not in this pot, baby).  Bisquick dumplings rolled out on the counter with a real rolling pin (bonus points to anyone who still owns one much less uses it anymore), cut one-by-one and dropped meticulously into the rolling boil of rich chicken goodness.  (Ok, I dumped in the last few pieces all in a clump because it was taking WAY too long).

I'm not bragging.  Well, maybe I am a little.  But just so we all feel on even ground, it's ok to be jealous of manna from heaven in a stewpot.  Or of me and my happy tummy tonight.

Some things change...but some things don't.

Going out to eat is awesome.  I love it.  Take out is awesome.  I love it too.  Junk food is the bomb.  I love it a little too much.

But nothing compares to home cooking.

There is nothing negative about it.

Well, except for this part.


But one of the happy changes of me working?  My job isn't doing dishes!

(Now I KNOW you are jealous)




No comments:

Post a Comment