Friday, July 1, 2011

Catching Up

So I’m catching up after 6 months of radio silence. I feel a little like Alice after her tumbling-down-the-rabbit-hole-experience…a big blur of curious craziness in which things are not always what they seem.

As I reflect back over the last year of my life, I realize I have gotten involved in some pretty amazing opportunities. My first trip to Malawi last March, a plunge into volunteer missions by June, a second trip to Malawi in August, and a complete submarine dive into anything and everything Malawi since then. I have turned my life upside down in response to the call I felt to make a difference way bigger than myself and it has been incredible. But now it is time to take a step back and catch up on some things in my own backyard, so to speak.

I have come to the point where I realize there must be a balance between all things. Even really good things. Even really good God things. This summer I have begun making a serious effort to give as much time, effort, and yes, devotion, to God and my family as to my mission work. After all, they are my first loves and my primary jobs, are they not? And I am convinced God will bless both my mission work and my family, multiplying my time and efforts on both fronts, once I put things back in order.

And boy, a bunch has happened since January!

So here goes…catching up on the things I should have taken a bit more time to really savor along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud of you, Beth. This was the lesson God started hitting me hard with as I returned home in March. I still have a long way to go, but God is so kind to show mw the many ways He has appointed me for the work he has for me here. Important but challenging balance. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete