Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Africa Journal - March 2010 part 8


Day 6

This was the day of our Safari. In times past, the teams went to a game park where you drive through it about 2 hours, then take a 1-2 hour boat tour at the end. Well, because of the rainy season, the roads were washed out. We went to another nearby place instead, called Hippo Lodge, and took a 2 hour boat tour. We saw hippos and elephants, so that was neat, but mainly it was just wonderful relaxing and taking in the amazing scenery. It was so peaceful and beautiful. Because we had time to kill before lunch, we went to the original Safari game park, and drove in about 20 minutes before we got to an impassible area, then turned around and came out. We saw gazelles, baboons and boar. Later that afternoon, most of the group went back out, to take one final shower at Esther’s House (our house still didn’t have any water…5 days in a row), tell the chief of the local area goodbye, and visit a local market. I stayed at the house and slept like the dead…I was all done! I then packed and cleaned myself up. I wrote “I am packed, clean, full and ready to go. This trip was awesome and I want to come back again, but I have given my all and am spent.”

Day 7

“I woke up this morning wondering what the schedule was for today. It was a mixture of disappointment and anticipation to remember that it is time to go home. There is so much I want to remember, to hold on to. There is so much to share, and so much that I will never be able to explain. I thank God for bringing me here, and for pouring into me. For using me, and igniting my passion. I pray for protection for the trip home. I pray for the chance to come here again. I pray for God to lead me and make it clear to me what I am to do now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment